Licensing Changes in Organize Series
Organize Series is changing the licensing system for all it's extensions. For a number of years now, a license key was provided to a purchase of any add-on or package on OrganizeSeries.com and you'd enter the license key in a field on the Organize Series settings page in your WordPress site admin. This single license key would be used for authorizing one-click updates from within your WordPress admin for any extensions you've got access to.
As a part of the relaunch of OrganizeSeries.com and the refresh of all our products, we are introducing a new licensing system:
- there is no longer one license key associated with your OrganizeSeries.com account. Instead, each extension will have its own license key
- Corresponding with this change, the old field that was in the Organize Series settings page will be gone in an upcoming version (or may already be replace depending on when you are viewing this document). In its place, within the sidebar of that Organize Series settings page will be a field for each extension you have installed and active on your site. These fields will only appear for extensions requiring a license key and when the extension is active.
Example of what the new fields look like:
Unfortunately, because of the change in licensing model, any new updates to your Organize Series add-ons won’t automatically show or be available via your WordPress plugins page. All add-ons will require the following process for the very first update to ensure you are notified of future updates in your WordPress dashboard as well as enabling one-click updating of the files:
- Make sure you have at least version 2.5.10 of Organize Series core installed and active on your site.
- Login to your account on organizeseries.com and download all the add-ons you have access to.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard, deactivate and delete the add-ons you just downloaded and then install the recent downloads using the Plugin Installer on your WordPress site. Then activate the add-ons.
- Go back to your account page on organizeseries.com and copy the license key for each of your add-ons, if you have the “Everything Bundle” you just need the license key for the bundle.
- Go to the Organize Series settings page on your website (/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=orgseries_options_page) and look in the right column for the new license key fields. If you have the “Everything Bundle” you just need to add that key to each of the add-on fields. If you don’t have the everything bundle, you’ll need to add the correct key for each of your add-ons in those fields.
- Click activate for each field with a key and you should get feedback on whether the key was successfully registered.
If you have any difficulties with this process please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll help you out!